Have you thought about applying for post secondary education in Canada without
having to submit a high English score?!
This would have been impossible a couple of years ago.
In order to be accepted, every college or university would have asked you to take a
difficult English proficiency test. Now we have the Pathway Program. A completely new way of
getting into some of the best schools in Canada!
Pathway Programs are a partnership program between ESL schools, and Canadian colleges, making the transition from
international student – to full-time student smoother and
much less painful!
There are 5 reasons why a pathway program is good for you:
1. No pressure to submit an IELTS or TOEFL score when applying for a university or
2. The Academic preparations class will help you immensely with writing essays, and
doing research at university.
3. Most institutions give priority to students who go through the Pathways program.
Which means students don’t have to worry about “first come, first serve basis
4. Students go directly to the University once finished with their ESL studies.
5. Before the students apply to the Pathway Program, they are required to submit an English test in
order to estimate how long it will take before they can go to university.
VGC and KAPLAN are the only ESL schools that have a Pathway program agreement with
Some differences between KAPLAN and VGC
At VGC students who reach the last English level can transfer to the BCIT english program
called, ISEP 600. This takes them two months to transfer directly to post secondary programs at
BCIT. At KAPLAN students can transfer directly to a BCIT post secondary program. Either
way, students don’t have to spend extra money to register in the IELTS or TOEFL tests.
Are you interested to know more about one of the Pathway programs ?
Send an email to email@example.com