Did you travel in Canada? Did you come here to study English or to work with your working holiday visa? Whatever your situation is, I at least know something about you; you LOVE Canada.

カナダに旅行に来たことがありますか? それとも、英語学習や、ワーホリで働きに来た方もいらっしゃるでしょうね。シチュエーションは人それぞれですが、私にはひとつ、確実にわかることがあります。それは、あなたがカナダを愛しているということ。

(Photo from tourismvancouver.com)

Do not give up your dream to be a permanent resident in the future. You have a pathway. First of all, you need to earn points from your English skills, educational and work background etc. to become a permanent resident.


To earn those points, the most realistic way is to obtain a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). You can apply for this visa after graduating from a public college. This visa is called open work permit, which allows you to work at any work place unless otherwise specified. The duration of the visa is usually the same amount of time as the school program in which you graduated from. Minimum duration of a visa is 8 months, but if you study at college for 2 years or more, your visa will allow you to work for up to 3 years.

(Photo from canada.ca)

このポイントを稼ぐというのがなかなか大変でなのですが、最も現実的な方法はPost-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)というビザを取得することです。そして、このビザを申請するには、公立のカレッジを卒業することが必要です。このPGWPはopen work permitと呼ばれ、記載されていない限りは職種に制限がありません。ビザの期限は、卒業した学校の期間と同じだけの長さが発行されます。最低でも8ヶ月、ただし、カレッジに2年間以上通った場合には、ビザは3年間まで発行されることとなります。